Tuesday, April 19th, 2011
Explore Newly Unveiled Schumann Works
As you may know, Paul Green and Frederick Moyer have presented on this site two works by Robert Schumann that have never before been available to the general public. If you are viewing this site with Safari, Google Chrome, or the latest Firefox click the following links to explore these works in detail:
Schumann: Sonata No. 3: Original Finale Movement
Schumann: Sonata No. 4 (Sketch): First Movement
Schumann: Sonata No. 4 (Sketch): FinaleMovement
Note: These web pages will only run properly with Safari, Google Chrome, or Firefox as these browsers use the latest web technology (“WebKit” / “HTML5.”) Safari, Chrome, and Firefox are free and run on Windows and Mac. For the latest versions, please click the respective links above.
On our Schumann pages, you can:
- See both the original manuscript and our deciphered score:
- Listen to Frederick Moyer perform these works while following along in either manuscript or deciphered score:
- See the manuscript zoomed in:
- Read notes on places in the manuscript:
- Hear animated commentary about other places:
Note: If you would rather download the software as a standalone application, please click on the following links:
Please let us know if you have any problems!
Concurrently, Moyer’s record label, JRI Recordings, has made available for purchase the sheet music for these works, either in printed form or as PDF downloads. These then are the first publications of these works by the great Romantic master:
• ”Presto Possibile” — early version of finale movement to Sonata No. 3 in F Minor, Op. 14, is available here.
• Sonata No. 4 (Sketch,) is available here.